How We Learn: Scene-Action-ResultPosted: 14-01-2008
- Prioritize and select important details
- Practice sequencing our storiesÂ
This exercise is at the heart of all the comics we do!Â Here’s the process:
- Draw your margins.
- Divide the page into three panels.Â TIP: Make the first panel the largest. The example below shows an easy way to do this:
- Sharpen your pencil!Â Here we go…
- In the FIRST PANEL: Set the scene.Â Pencil your character in some situation.Â Include some details about the setting, and any other characters that are in the scene.
- In the SECOND PANEL: Show the action.Â Your character does something, or something happens TO your character, etc.
- In the THIRD PANEL: Show the results of the action.Â What is the outcome?Â
- That’s it!Â Now ink and erase, and you’re ready to do your next page…
Â Student Samples: