Norman Rockwell Museum – Day 3Posted: 20-02-2008
On day three of this workshop series, we looked at the importance of sequence in comics.
- We read through some of Marek’s comics, including an excerpt from “Today’s the Day”…
- Then we created quick sets of characters, and performed a brief musical interlude to help fix our characters in our imaginations.
- We created Scene-Action-Result pages using our characters.
- While our S-A-R pages were out at the copy machine, we did Comics Theatre using pages from these graphic novels:
- We held a publishing party to fold, staple, and cut our book for the day: Scene-Action-Comics, featuring a page (or two) by every artist in the workshop!
- To finish up the day, we held a ceremonial closing Comics Jam.