Comics Workshop: Deerfield AcademyPosted: 24-02-2008
Deerfield Academy hosted today’s Comics Workshop in beautiful “Historic Deerfield”!
We enjoyed a whirlwind afternoon session on the basics of creating comics, including these activities:
- Samples of Marek’s artwork, drawn from real life storiesÂ
- Creating characters in a jiffy
- How to publish your own mini-comics
- Showing Scene-Action-Result connections between panels
- Panel-Scrambles for pages from Alec Longstreth’s Phase 7, James Sturm’s The Golem’s Mighty Swing, and Chester Brown’s Louis Riel
- The dadaist pleasures of the last-minute Comics Jam!
Here we are looking at comics on the big screen (off camera, to the right):
Several students brought their own comics to the workshop.Â It’s great to see so many creative talents working on projectsÂ in a close-knit school community.
Thanks to art teacher Tim Trelease for organizing this workshop!Â Tim came to the Norman Rockwell Family Day Comics Workshop in January, and got inspired about using comics in his visual arts classes.Â Tim posted his workshop notes on Deerfield.edu, as well.